CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Come Play in the SNOW


It's snowing!!! So if your one of those ladies who keeps telling me you want to come to a retreat in the snow NOW is the time! Come drink hot chocolate and relax by the fire. What a great way to start the New Year and to help you get started don't forget we are giving you THURSDAY FREE if you visit us on Jan. 1-4. That is an extra 24 hours of crop time!

It's raining out in Oxnard today. I love the rain! I really miss my convertible when it rains. I know that sounds funny but I loved to go to the beach and sit and listen to the rail hit the cloth top. I would be the only one at the beach...it was so peaceful and relaxing. The other thing I like to do in the rain is Bake so today I'm going to make my favorite Christmas cookies. I can't make these to early they don't last long!

SWEDISH CREAM WAFER

Cookie Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups flour
1/3 cup whipping cream

Filling

1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 drop red food coloring to desired color

Mix cookie ingredients together,chill dough.Roll dough 1/8-inch thick. Cut out 1 1/2 inch circle I use small shape cookie cutters for a special look. Transfer to sugar covered wax paper. Coat both sides. Prick cookies with a fork. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 7 to 9 minutes at 350 degrees.

Mix together ingredients for filling during this time, and when cookies are cooled place filling between 2 cookies and enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie Lou! I love to hear from you, blog-style. It's almost as much fun as hanging out with you and Mark in PJ's and trying to embarrass Mark! Merry Christmas to you both.

Salai said...

hi Bonnie I wanna come in the snow.. So enter my name one more time,, hope to see you soon Sarah...

Anonymous said...

I want to come in the snow too. Last year I had to drive Shirley down your very steep driveway because she had never driven in the snow!!! What fun we had. Is the first blog from today "my" Nancy? Happy Holidays!
Sue