CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spiced Apple Cider


Happy First day of September. Today I thought I would share with you one of my favorite  Fall recipes Hot Spiced  Cider. I love the Hot Spiced Cider at Starbucks. I think I like it as much as I like my triple venti cappuccino and for those of you that know me you know how much I like my cappuccino. 

Since the closet Starbucks is now 45 minutes away I've had to find ways to make my drinks at home so here is my version of the Hot Spiced Cider

HOT SPICED CIDER

The Ingredients.
serves 4

4 cups apple cider
3 tablespoons caramel syrup
    (the ice cream topping. I use homemade caramel sauce but you can always use the store bought) 
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 tablespoons  whipped cream
    (you can use the canned or make your own. My grandkids like the canned that way the can squirt the extra right in their mouths:) )

The Directions.

Use a Large pot or a slow cooker. Mix together everything EXCEPT the CARAMEL SAUCE-. Stir, and cook on low for about 4 hours. (This recipe SERVES 4 but it can be multiplied easily) Just  wait until you SMELL your house. I love the smell of it cooking all day! YUMMMMMM  it makes me want to make some now!

When ready to serve top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
I hope your family enjoys this as much as we do.




No comments: