CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hobo Stew

Sorry Ladies I really thought this was already on here. This recipe is an old family favorite. I can still see my Dad and Uncle fixing it before we had our family ping pong tournaments. Oh those were the days. I think I was 8 or 9.

The reason this is called hobo stew is it was made in 1/2 pound coffee cans (They don't make them anymore) then they would put them on the grill while we played.

I now do it the crock pot.
Per Person
1 piece of bacon ....line the bottom of the crock pot or dutch oven
1 hamburger pattie (I use meatballs)
1 carrot

layer these items and pour the tomato sauce over top.

1 can of tomato sauce with zucchini or I use plan tomato sauce and fresh zucchini. Beer can also be added for a little extra flavor if desired. I usually will cook this all day. We hope your family enjoys!

No comments: