CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Easter S'moores

Well I'm finally done preparing my taxes now it's off to the tax appointment with my accountant this afternoon. It feels good to have that done and almost out of the way.

Now it's time to finish organizing my craft room so tomorrow I can do some much needed creating! I have several projects I can't wait to get started on. Like these adorable Easter S'mooresThese are just to cute not to make.


Easter S'moores
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS:

1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 quart jar.
3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
4. Press them up against the glass, but don't squash them.
5. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
6. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M's.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M's, gently pressing with a spoon.

Changes: M&M's first, then Peeps, then put combined brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs in baggie. I didn't like how the crumbs made a mess in the jar.

Attach a gift tag giving the following instructions:

1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
(Makes 9 to 12 bars.)

*Option - leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.

*This gift jar may be created to suit any holiday for which marshmallow candies are available.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Thankyou THANKYOU for the Vintage Baubles Swap that came today - its just lovely - so much thought! The knitted dish cloths are beautiful and are far to nice to wipe anything with...so if you don't mind I think I might turn them into a cushion and pin one of the beautiful broaches to it.

Really lovely - I'm overwhelmed - thankyou again.
Please would you let me know if your parcel doesn't turn up - if it doesn't I would like to send you something again xxxx I don't know how long it takes but I posted it to you about 3 weeks ago xx

Thankyou again you have made my day!

Love and best Wishes
Sam xxx

Salai said...

Thank you for the recipe and cute idea. Glad your taxes are done. SARAH

paperjunki said...

OMG!!! How Yummy looking. you know how much I love peeps.

Lori Aivazian said...

Bonnie, this is just too cute for words. Now I know what I'm giving as Easter gifts this year. My daughter is crazy about Peeps, so she'll have a lot of fun helping me assemble the jars. Thanks for the idea!

Cheeziemommie said...

Oh my goodness those are DARLING!!!I am going to make some for my kids' teachers! Thank you SO much for sharing!