CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Swedish Cream Wafers

Swedish Cream Waffers

I know I've shared these before but these are my all time favorite cookies. I don't think I am the only one in my house either....they are gone before I can even get them frosted! They are a must in our house over the Holidays.

Swedish Cream Wafers
makes: 5 dozen

1 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
granulated sugar
Combine the butter and whipping cream.
Add the flour.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 375F.
On a floured board, roll out 1/3 of the dough at a time to 1/8 inch thick.
Cut with 1-1/2 inch round cookie cutter.
Place lots of granulated sugar in a shallow bowl.
Coat cookies with the sugar on both sides.
Place rounds on ungreased baking sheets.
Prick each round with a fork about 4 times.
Bake 7 to 9 minutes.
Let cookies cool.

filling
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 egg yolk, optional
1 teaspoon vanilla
food coloring, optional Make the filling by beating 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar, egg yolk and vanilla together.
Tint with food coloring, if desired. I use red and green for Christmas and add peppermint instead of vanilla


When cookies have cooled make sandwiches by placing some filling between two cookies. WARNING THESE COOKIES ARE ADDICTING!!!! :) I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we do.

No comments: